How long will it take to make my order?
As a small father and son family business, reputation is everything. We take pride in our work for you, looking after the details; only then are we happy to put our name on your handmade product (Literally. We actually sign them!). This care and attention does take time though, so we thank you for your patience, and hope you’ll want to keep your handmade beauty for years to come.
Happy to wait?
Slide down to see our Current Production Times
Can’t wait – it’s urgent!
- See Good-to-go items
- See Need it Quickly
Made-to-order and Custom Work
Our Subbuteo tables and 5aside arenas are made to order. Please note:
- We have standard specification options for each type.
- Changes to the standard specification will add to the time it takes to quote for the work, and may also affect as the production time and the overall cost.
Current Production Times
The tables below show how long you should expect to wait for your order.
COVID19: Please note that some materials are in short supply nationwide, so we may be limited in what we can do or when we can build certain products.
We are a team of two, and are handling enquiries and making tables to our usual best standard, as quickly as we safely can in these circumstances. Thank you so much for your patience while things are taking longer than usual. As a small businesses, we cannot thank you enough for your support. Any questions, please contact me (Gareth). Keep well x
When we receive a quote request, you will get an automatic email reply from the website. Gareth will then send a personal reply with a quote.
Please note, enquiries are currently taking longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
This is how long we estimate a quote will take currently:
|Standard Product||1-5 working days||includes custom text|
|Non-standard specification product||5-10 working days||E.g. different size, special finishes|
This is how long we estimate your order will take currently:
|5-a-side Arena||Oak / Meranti||2-3 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Painted||3-4 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Custom Graphics||Painted + 2 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Tabletops||Oak/Meranti||3-4 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Painted||4 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Custom Graphics||Painted + 2 weeks||Next available Jan 2022|
|Base Kit||Painted||4-5 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.|
|Premiership Edition||Standard||6-8 weeks||Pay a deposit to book a build.
Next available Jan 2022
|Pre-booking||Made-to-order||Pay a deposit to book the next production slot.
See Payment for info
While these are estimates and should not be considered as guarantees, we always do our best to meet special dates and ship orders as quick as we can. Do get in touch to check if you’re in a hurry. Thanks!
We occasionally have items part-made, ready for finishing within a few days. You can see these on the Good-to-go page
PAY A DEPOSIT TO SECURE YOUR PLACE
We know that flexible payment options can be a huge help, especially in these difficult times.
Here are the options we’re currently offering:
- Orders are processed in the order that they are confirmed with a deposit, or full payment.
- Made-to-order items over £100, such as tables, can be paid in monthly instalments, if you pay by bank transfer (BACS).
- We currently do not charge interest if paying by instalments.
- Paying a deposit secures your order and books a place in our production schedule.
- For orders over £100, the deposit is 50% of the total.
- For orders over £300, the deposit is 25% of the total.
- Where we know the package dimensions, a shipping estimate will be provided with the initial quote.
- Any cost increase will be re-invoiced, or reduction refunded.
- Alternatively, shipping can be invoiced separately when the package is ready.
- Orders must be paid for in full before delivery is arranged.
NEED IT QUICKLY?
If you need your order quickly for a special occasion, we always do our best to make it happen. Where that’s not possible, because we are designer makers, we may offer be able to offer you other options which aren’t even on our website.
- Please request a quote
- Leave a comment in the enquiry box letting us know the date, and any other info that’s relevant. E.g. Favourite team. Age. Something else you’re looking for.
THINGS THAT TAKE LONGER
Here are some factors that affect how long your order will take:
Painting / Varnishing
We’re based in Dundee, which is Scotland’s sunniest city! Great for paint and varnish drying! Wait. Scotland? Sun, rain, hail, and snow, all in the same day, entirely possible. Absolutely. Our current set-up means we’re at the mercy of the weather, and considering undercoats, and multiple top-coats, there may be delays for finishing processes.
As design makers here to serve the Subbuteo community, we’re happy to consider custom work. Please remember that a one-line email you send, can easily create an hour or more of work for the two of us, so we appreciate your patience while we prioritise making tables for orders while putting together quotes.
Please do get in touch and give us as much info as you can about what your project is, or if it’s a gift, who it’s for, their favourite team, what you’re looking for, that kind of thing. We are active in the Subbuteo community, and we’ll happily point you to who is best placed to help.